Thursday, March 25, 2010

what's in my friends make up bags #1

Hello beautifuls :)

I was at Subway the other day and my girlfriend took her make up bag out so I was going through all her stuff and I thought, oh my gosh how fun :) So i decided to do a series of "what's in my friends make up bags" posts! It'll come in 4 parts and the last one will be my make up bag! :) I'll review some of the products and hopefully you get ideas for what to put in your make up bag!

Make up bag #1, Chermaine


(From top down)
1. Naraya Make Up Bag: I'm sure many of you are familiar with this :) Naraya is a Thai based company that produces fabric bags and all kinda of accessories. Thing i love about the bag is its structure (lots can go in) and that it has a mirror when you flip it open! (Bangkok?)

2. Anna Sui Lip Gloss 305: Cherm bought this awhile ago but still loves it. However she says sometimes (depending on what she's wearing) it can be a little too red but the texture is great and the shimmer is not too overwhelming. It gives her a nice healthy sheen to her lips. It's a nice light lip gloss in an easy-to-carry around plastic tube. (All Anna Sui stores)

3. Legere Water Drop Shiny Pearl BB Cream: Its oil free, water proof and sweat proof so based on what it claims, it seems to be the perfect kind of BB Cream for the Singapore weather. (about $40 John Little)

4. MAC Carbon (Matte) Eyeshadow: FANTASTIC. I think everyone needs to have one of these in their make up bags. Its a matte black eyeshadow and i love it because its blendable, buildable and matte. I get a bit skeptical about matte eyeshadows because i always worry if the pigmentation will be good. This is wonderful. She carries this around in case she needs a quick fix up for a night out :) (All MAC stores)

5. Maybelline Pure Mineral Blush C01 Gentle Pink: She just bought this a couple of weeks ago and is loving it. It was about $19.90 and it comes with a small brush. Its also great because she carries it around with her wherever she goes, but the blush powder does not spill out excessively from the bottom part of the container. She just makes sure its upright and there is no fuss when opening the container. (Watsons, Robinsons, Guardian and most drugstores)

6. MAC Splashproof Lash mascara Blacksplash: This is works relatively well for her. It gives a clean, lengthening finish. If you are concerned about length and need a good waterproof mascara, this will work for you. However, if you're looking for volume more than length, i'd say the MAC plush last would work better. I'm not the biggest fan of this mascara but it'll work if you want a clean look. (All MAC stores)

7. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil Zero: She uses this for her lower waterline and uses a liquid liner for the top. This is FANTASTIC. Its creamy enough to blend or use as an eye shadow base but its also strong enough to use on your waterline. I have really teary eyes and nothing ever stays on my waterline but i'm kinda liking this pencil too. I carry it around with me and i find that i don't touch up my waterline as much as i do with my other black pencils. (Sephora)

Ok that's MAKE UP BAG #1! I think make up bags are something really personal and something you can have lots of fun with. The more i show you, the more you'll realise that people really carry very different things around depending on their personality and their lifestyle. So go through your make up bag and go have fun with it!

Love, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment