Monday, March 22, 2010

Macadamia Nut Cookies

Its been pouring like mad the past few days. I wish the rain would stop. I hate going out of the house when it rains. And I hate how whenever I do go out, my shoes and clothes get all wet and squishy. I could walk around with the hugest umbrella ever and still get wet. The rain hates me. I'm quite certain of this.

Anyway... what did I want to say? Ah yes, macadamia nut cookies. These are love. Wanted to put in some white chocolate chips but it was raining (I hate you) and I didn't have any on hand, so I just made do with the macadamias.

Not that it mattered though. These cookies were great on their own. Even my mom liked them. And trust me - that woman can be a real critic when it comes to food.

Oh and instead of using plain flour, I used self-raising. And I know what you're thinking but trust me it works. It also helps with the 'spreading' problem which I've encountered in the past when baking cookies. Y'know... when the batter spreads out like crazy after about 5 minutes into baking and instead of individual cookies, you end up with one big clump. With these? No spreading problem. They do poof up quite a bit after 5 minutes but don't worry. Once they go past 15 minutes, that's when they really come into their own.

So anyway here's the recipe:

Ingredients

125 grams unsalted butter, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
90 grams brown sugar
60 grams white sugar
1 whole egg
180 grams self-raising flour
50 grams macadamia nuts, chopped

Heat oven up to 180 degrees Celsius and position rack in the middle. Cream the butter, salt and sugars together until smooth. Blend in the egg until well incorporated. Sift in the flour. Then fold in the macadamias. Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet and separate each drop by about 1.5 inches. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Cool for about 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!

Love,
Judy

2 comments:

  1. They look so yummyy!!!

    <3 Anto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY AGREE! We should all go on a baking spree after Judy posts her recipes :)

    ReplyDelete