Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Elaine's Apple Cinnamon Cake

Just a quick one cause I'm rushing for time. This cake has been in my family for a few years now. One of the best cakes ever (in my opinion anyway, but then again I am biased towards my mom). Oh and in case your wondering, Elaine's my mom. And no, I don't look like her at all. I lean more towards my Dad's side. Seriously. Just put a mustache on me and I turn into my Dad. Which is gross...

Wait what am I suppose to be talking about again? Ah yes... Elaine's Apple Cinnamon Cake. Right. Focus now. Deep focus:

Ingredients

125g butter, at room temperature
150g white sugar
3 eggs
250g self-raising flour
3-4 tablespoons milk
3 medium apples, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup walnuts, chopped

Warm oven to 180 degrees Celsius and butter a 10 inch round baking pan. Toss sliced apples with cinnamon and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well incorporated before adding the next.

Sift in the flour and fold. If batter is too thick, add in a few tablespoons of milk, until desired consistency. Pour into baking pan and arrange the cinnamon-sugared apples on the top. Sprinkle walnuts. Bake for 35-40 mins until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 mins before eating.

Cooled? Alright you can dig in now.

Love,
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment