Friday, May 6, 2011

Review: Sun Blocks

Hey guys

So recently, I've been hitting the water a little more. My boyfriend and I have taken up diving and we've been swimming more often so I've been taking out the sun block quite a bit.

I use 2 different sunblocks cause I don't like to put an all over sun block on my face, I think it's too creamy and heavy. 

I like it cause it's pretty light and doesn't feel too oily on the skin. It has SPF 70 which is great for being in direct sunlight. A lot of people don't believe in sun blocks because they want the tan, but prolonged exposure to the sun can give you spots and dry out your skin. So if anything, the most important part to block from the sun is your face. You can get this at any Watsons or Guardian.

On the rest of my body, I use the Nivea Sun Maximum Protection Sun Lotion SPF 50. 
I think the one I have is an older version because I can't find it online but Nivea has a good range of sun care that is affordable, easy on the skin and has good SPF protection.

Of course if you want something a little more high end, especially for your face, check out Clinique's Sun range (sorry I know I keep talking about Clinique but I really love their stuff). They have everything from face cream, to body cream, to after sun stuff and tanning lotion. I'd say it's good to invest money in sun block because it's so important in keeping your skin in good condition. I know people who just go out with a tinted sunblock and no make up because they feel that it's the most essential thing to have on your face, especially when you're in a rush.

For everyday, I use the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (in Bisque). This acts like my foundation and I use it with a light dust of powder over. It's light coverage but good enough for everyday.
Although I'm not in direct sunlight everyday, I still think it's important to have some form of UV protection.
Love, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment