Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Favourites!

Hey guys. So these are the products I've been reaching for the most in April and that I've been loving. Have fun!

Cleansing Oils
I just posted a whole entry about these. My favourite one so far is the RMK Cleansing Oil but I've yet to try many yet. Will update you guys when I do!

Neutrogena Makeup Wipes

To be honest, I think the only reason I'm changing up my cleansing routine is cause I'm getting lazy. The whole makeup remover and cotton pad thing takes way too much time! So I basically use my oil cleanser on my eyes and then use this on the rest of my face. Saves me hell a lot of time. Only downside is that they are pretty expensive, about $14 for a pack of 25 wipes.

Red Lipstick
I have 2 shades of red lipsticks: 1 is MAC's VIva Glam 1 (Matte) and the second is MAC's Russian Red (Matte) from the Wonderwoman Collection. I love both of them. The Viva Glam is a deeper brownish red and the Russian Red is a pretty bright red. I wear them with either my Revlon Colourstay Lipliner in Red or MAC's Chicory lip pencil. I highly recommend a lip liner because it will help keep the colour in place and even if the lipstick comes off, you still have the liner there so it won't look so patchy. The problem with matte red's is that they can make your lips look very dry and even flake sometimes so the preparation is essential. Make sure you moisturize your lips a lot before you use it and scrub your lips (gently please) to get rid of the skin that is dry and peeling.

Revlon Colourstay Pressed Powder (in Light/Medium)
I fear break outs, so I've never gone with a drugstore powder. I know, that's really stereotyping. But I've been trying new stuff and I decided to pick this up a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it! I'd say it's medium coverage, but I use it over my foundation with a MAC 109 brush. I don't like using the powder puff things cause they leave a really powdery finish. Didn't break me out, and I found that I didn't have to blot as much as I did when I use my MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder.

MAC Select MoistureCover (in NW20)
 
I use this for my under eye area. I hate what my boyfriend calls the 'reverse panda effect', so please be careful when picking out your under eye concealer. You want something that is more peach toned and no matter what the girl at the counter tells you, you don't need 5 different types of under eye concealers to pack on. This is great cause it's light so it doesn't cake under my eyes. I usually put the product on the back on my hand and use my fourth finger to blend it out in a triangular shape below my eye. I don't like to pull it out towards my temples cause it's ugly in pictures and creating the triangular shape under your eye can really brighten up your face. I then use the MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder and a MAC 224 brush to set it. I've been wanting to get the Benefit powderflage but haven't gotten down to getting it yet. 

 Mac Eye Brow Pencil (in Spiked)


I think I've gone through about 5 of these. I never change eye brow pencils cause this is fantastic. I like the dark defined brow look so I go for a pencil rather than a shadow. If you want something natural, I'd actually recommend a shadow and an angled brush such as the MAC 266. If I do use a shadow, I use a dark brown Clinique colour (which I think they've discontinued). You can use any dark brown that matches your hair colour. It'll work. I also use the MAC Brow Set (in Clear) cause I've got long brow hairs and this product really keeps them in place. 


Love, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment