Saturday, April 3, 2010

March Favourties!


Hey guys!

Ok so i wanted to share with you guys some of my new LOVES for March! Some of these things are new, some aren't and some are things that i think are great for the coming summer!


My new favourite moisturizer! Shiseido Pureness matifying moisturizer and its oil-free. Its part of the Pureness series for Shiseido but i only use the moisturizer. They gave me samples of the facial wash and toner but i have yet to use it yet because i'm still stuck with my Kose wash! It's a fluid like liquid that feels light and moisturizing. It leaves a nice matt kinda velvety finish to your skin and i think its just the right consistency to make your skin feel moisturized by not oily. I LOVE THIS. It was $50 from the Shiseido counter but i think it's well worth the money. I use 2 pumps per application and the lady who worked there told me it would last for about 2 to 3 months or so. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and i really love it. I think i will continue using this from now on! I also break out pretty easily but this has not caused me any problems at all. It's also a great base for applying foundation over. Love. Love love love.



This is my new favourite make up remover. MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover. I was formerly using the Kose make up remover but when that ran out i decided to try something new. Now i know it says gentle but that means its gentle on your skin but tough on the waterproof mascara. Most removers that proclaim themselves 'gentle' always don't really work and i find myself having to drown my face in make up remover just to get my eyeliner and mascara off. This is wonderful. I just soak a cotton pad with a bit of this and leave it on my eyes for about 15 seconds. Its breaks down the make up and you'll see all your mascara and everything come off. Now i don't use this on my face because i don't think its oil free so i use a balm type remover for the rest of my face. But whether your skin is dry, combination or oily, i'd say this is an awesome make up remover. It was about $38 and you can get it from any MAC counter. This is the make up remover that most of the make up artists at MAC use!


Everyone needs this foundation. Clinique superfit makeup oil free, long wearing foundation. I think this is fantastic for our weather. I wore it out last night for the first time (and i had a really long night) and it lasted the whole night and did not get all shiny and stuff like my Chanel Mat Lumiere does to me. This is the first Clinique foundation i've tried and i have to say i was really impressed. I love the finish of this. It made my blush, contour and highlight look awesome because it has such a smooth finish. And i didn't use much powder over this (just in the areas where i would get oily). The only thing that bugs me is that it was $50 for a 30ml bottle so if you're gonna use this often, it really is not going to last very long. But i think its still great. I would definitely get another one of these when this is finished! I bought the shade 65 Super Neutral which was a little bit light for my skin tone so the next buy, i'm gonna get one shade darker.





I got this using the $40 Sephora voucher that you get when you spent $240 at Sephora from Jan to March. Too Faced The Bronzed and The Beautiful Bronzing Powder palette. The palette has 3 of their best selling bronzers! Snow Bunny, Sun Bunny and Pink Leopard (which is the prettiest thing ever). It also comes with a really awesome, soft, flat kabuki brush which is great for both all over  bronzing or for contouring. It was $64 but i only paid $24 which was a great deal for a 3 piece bronzing palette! I think this is great for summer when you want a healthy bronzed, glowy look. I think the pink leopard is more of a highlight though. Its really light and shimmery and i don't think it would work well as a bronzer. The Sun Bunny (the one with the brown halves) is great for a bronzer and for contouring. The Snow Bunny (the striped one) is great for all over. I used it as a kinda blush that day when i wanted a natural look. This is just something really fun to have and its really pretty!



MAC Lady Gaga Lipstick in Viva Glam Gaga. I died and went to heaven with this lipstick. Its so pretty! Its a really baby pick which is great for now considering pastels are in. But its not overwhelming. I know it looks quite intense in the picture but when you use it, its more of a sheer pink gloss looking lipstick. Its a Lustre lipstick and it was $28 from MAC. I know its sold out everywhere now so if you really want to get one, try eBay because i know people definitely bought more than one of these.It has her signature on the box and on the lipstick and its a great thing to keep even when its finished. Definitely love.


Sigma SS224 (the MAC 224 would work the same). I wanted to talk about this brush because i found another awesome use for it. Concealer. Yup. I use the MAC Select Moisturecover concealer in NW20 so what i do it i put a bit on my under eye circles and then i use the SS224 to blend it out. It gives a nice even finish to the concealer and leaves it looking even and not cakey. I usually go over it again with my finger to ensure the make up is broken down and evenly spread out.




Coloured eyeliners :) Quite awhile, Anna Sui came up with this range of coloured liquid liners. The brush is perfect and the colours are really vibrant and have a touch of shimmer in them. Since summer is approaching, i thought it would be the perfect time to bring out the coloured liners! So for summer, why not try something different. A coloured liner would really brighten up your eyes and give a nice fresh look for day wear :) The lighter colours look great over a black or dark blue eyeliner. 

So those were my March favourites! Its time to take the colours and pastels out of your make up kit and bring summer in with a blast. Have a great weekend everyone!

Rock on,
Tasha

1 comment:

  1. I'm wearing the Clinique foundation and it's loooove. Can't agree with you more babe. Makeup shopping soon k? Lovehugsmisses.

    Blog's looking awesssoooommmeeee.

    x Fera

    ReplyDelete