Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Looks of the year!

With the new year round the corner, I thought I'd share with you guys some of my favourite looks from the year, which you can recreate for your new year parties! I'll post links to youtube videos of gurus doing the makeup as well so you guys can recreate the looks. Have fun!


Kim Kardashian's Wedding Makeup



Classy, beautiful and fit for all occasions. I loved her makeup.
 

Emma Watson's New York Premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II



I think it made her look like a fairy. But yeah, this is a love it or hate it one.



Chanel Christmas 2011

I thought this was one of Chanel's best Christmas collections. Their Christmas stuff are usually centered around the eye makeup but this year, it was more about the skin, lips and highlights. Very pretty. Plus, I'm a huge fan of gold makeup so that was an extra little something special for me.

J Lo's On The Floor


I have to agree with People magazine on J Lo; she is absolutely stunning. It takes more than makeup to look like this - skin care, diet and lots of exercise. That shall be my resolution for 2012!

Kate Middleton's Wedding Makeup

I was on the fence with this one, but I had to include her in the list anyway. Kudos first of all for doing your own makeup Kate. She likes the black pencil on the lash line and none on the waterline thing, which is pretty hard to pull off. I find that when I do that, it makes me look pretty flat. But for those of you who loved it - check out the videos below.


YSL's Spring 2011 Makeup

I don't remember there being a big hype about this collection, but I thought it was something nice and different. I didn't think YSL would lash out with a pink eyeshadow look for spring/summer. I'm pretty yellow toned so I have to be careful when wearing bright pinks because they aren't very flattering on me. But - this was too pretty to pass on. I've attached a video by RAEview which I don't think is the best, but have fun with this in your own way. Just make sure you pair your pink with a black eyeliner and pump up the lashes. Pinks are always good for parties. 

Victoria's Secret Makeup

This will be in my favourites list every year! It's all about fresh, simple and pretty makeup. They always have a very girly look that is flattering on anyone! Pinks, browns and highlights are the key to this look. Tanya from Pixi2woo does really nice renditions of the girls makeup, check out the two below.
  

Cheryl Cole's Elle Cover by Lisa Eldridge

The black and white pictures from this shoot caught my eye more than the coloured ones but this is the perfect example of a black smokey eye. Party worthy.
 
Nicole Sherzinger

She's been the talk of the town since her debut as a judge on The X Factor this year. Love her or hate her, you gotta admit - she's hell beautiful. Her makeup and hair are always perfect and her outfits are to die for. And if you notice, she wears minimal pieces of accessories but they are all gorgeous and over the top. I had to include her in the list!
  
Mila Kunis Golden Globe Awards 2011
Her Vera Wang dress and simple makeup were a hit at the Golden Globes. Her makeup was by Lancome and done by makeup artist Tracey Levy, who does Mila's makeup for most of the big events. She looks great with coral and the simplicity of the makeup was a plus for me.

That's all for today! Enjoy your new years everyone :)

Love,
Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment