Sunday, March 20, 2011

RMK

Hey guys!

Today, I was invited by RMK to be a model for their new Spring/Summer collection. The show involved a demonstration using their new Spring/Summer products and some of their best selling products. I've never been a big fan of makeup products from Japanese brands, I've always stuck with the MAC and Urban Decay type products. After I tried the products today, I have to say that it's extremely good quality and they have really pretty stuff!

They are famous for their skin care more than their makeup, but I think they are a really up and coming brand and I encourage you guys to check them out. The quality is fantastic, the pigments are very finely milled and the texture of their powders is very fine and light. They also are famous for their makeup base and cleansers.

http://cdn.priceprobe.co.uk/i/1978480.84544cbf0b7d243cc2.03947373I was introduced to the RMK Recovery Gel Intensive Night Treatment Anti-Roughness & Hydration, which you use after your skin care routine, before you go to bed every night. It's $94 (or $96 I can't remember exactly) and it's on a buy one get one free promotion now at Isetan Scotts. The smell is FANTASTIC, it kind of smells like oranges. Very citrus-y. The gel texture is very light but very hydrating, so I think it's great for the young to middle aged consumer market. It's not as harsh on your skin as maybe the Estee Lauder Night Repair would be, but it gives good hydration and will make your skin feel fresh in the morning.


So it went like this. I went there and the makeup artist (who is super good by the way) used the RMK skin care products on me, and then put on all the base makeup which included foundation, concealer and mascara. We went into the demonstration a little later where she added all the colours from the new collection and gave the audience some tips on highlighting and using powder. 

It was really fun and I really encourage you guys to go check their stuff out! Their makeup is pretty neutral but there's a lot of shimmer and highlighting going on. Thank you RMK!

Love, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment