Thursday, January 27, 2011

Night Out Eyeshadows!

Hey everyoneeeee

So my birthday's coming, and of course I planned my outfit like, last year. But I was thinking about my makeup and I couldn't decide on a night out look so I took everything out and looked through it. Though I'd share with you guys some of the colours I think are great for the night! And in the post, when I say I don't use a base, I mean I don't use a coloured base (like a  MAC paint pot). I never go without my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, even when I'm not gonna use any eyeshadow. It's a must!


Mac Club Eyeshadow (satin) 
Okay this is a really good picture cause it does look exactly like that in reality. It's the best (and my favourite) shadow for the night time because you only need one colour and you don't need a base colour under it. It's a duo chrome shadow so when you first pack it on your eyelids, it has a green tint to it but once you blend it out, it blends into a really nice warm brown. I use it with a MAC 217 brush and it does both the packing on and blending out for me. If you're interested, pixiwoo did a really nice video with this colour. Go check it out!


Nars Night Clubbing Eyeshadow
Sorry I know I used someone's picture but I couldn't get a better picture than this cause it's hard to capture how it actually looks. Credits to MakeupAlley for the picture.

Nars has a Nightlife Collection of eye shadows that are really fun and glittery and shimmery and everything good. This one is my absolute favourites. Its a black based eyeshadow with a high content of gold glitter. Not the heavy, huge, lots of fallout type of glitter. It's almost a shimmer. And the texture is wonderful. There's not really any fallout and yet the eye shadow is very easy to blend. No doubt their eye shadows are really expensive, I still feel that you are getting every ounce out of what you're paying for. I use this without a base and I'll pack it on with a MAC 239 and then use a MAC 217 to blend it out afterward. Very, super, pretty.



MAC Reflects Antique Gold Glitter Pigment
If there was a makeup staple, like how rice is with food, this would be it. K weird analogy, but you get what I mean. Who doesn't need a gorgeous gold pigment that goes with anything you wear and lasts forever? :) There's two ways I use this. One is with Sephora's glitter eye primer which is a nude base for you to pack your glitter eye shadows over to make them stay. The second way is with MAC's Blackground paint pot under it. I actully really like the look of just the glitter with nothing under it so it looks really sheek but not overdone. I think it works best with a stiff brush like the MAC 252. This is a pro pigment so in Singapore, you'll probably only get it at the MAC at Takashimaya or Tangs? Correct me if i'm wrong.


Mac Dark Soul Pigment


 I'm not sure if this is a Pro colour because I got it in the 5 Sexpot Smoky Mini Pigment set. It's a black pigment with blue undertones and silver shimmer in it. Very pretty. It's the kind of colour that you can really smoke out and go all dramatic with. You can use this with any brush but be careful of fallout. I use this on it's own without a base cause it's pretty dark and intense but if you really want to, MAC's Blackground paint pot goes great with this.


Urban Decay Goddess


 Every girl has to have her blue eyeshadow. It's really pretty when matched correctly. Some tips: Keep the rest of your face nude. Try and keep your blush to a peachy brown or brown tone. Avoid the pink lips and pick cheeks. Keeping the rest of your face nude helps the blue stand out more and also makes it the look classy and not "wayang" as my mum would say. But with the blues, you have to pack on the mascara and I'd go with a black liner on your upper lash line to make the look full. I'd also go with a black or even a blue pencil on your waterline. My favourite blue pencil is Chanel's Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Marine (30).


So that's all for today! Tonight actually. Thanks goodness it's Friday. Have a great weekend everyone!


Love, Tasha



No comments:

Post a Comment