Monday, January 17, 2011

Best products of 2010!

I love it when people do these videos and posts cause it makes me want to go buy new stuff straight away! These are my picks for the best products of 2010. Actually they're products I just used the most and loved in 2010 :)



Bases
Foundation: Chanel Mat Lumiere (about S$80, all Chanel stores)
I raved about the NARS Sheer Matte Foundation and the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer for awhile but I think nothing beats the Chanel Mat Lumiere. It's a full coverage, long lasting foundation that's good for combination/oily skin. If you have drier skin i'd recommend the Vitalumiere or Pro Lumiere foundations (both from Chanel). Honestly, I just use it with my fingers and it gives a matte finish that lasts me all night. I powder it with the MAC's Select Sheer pressed powder (in NC20) because the coverage of the foundation is pretty heavy and you don't want to be over packing stuff on your face. So a sheer powder or even a translucent powder would be best. If you need to use a brush, a normal MAC 190 or any foundation brush is good. I've tried this with QVS Make-up wedges and it works really good as well. Best foundation ever.




Tinted Moisturizer: Laura Mercier  Tinted Moisturizer spf 20 Oil Free (S$66, StrawberryNET)

I don't leave the house without this. It has spf 20 and is oil free so it's good for combination/oily skin. If you have drier skin, go for the regular Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with spf 20 as well. It has a light coverage but is fantastic for day wear with a light powder over it. The salesgirl at the Laura Mercier counter in London where I bought this told me to just use my fingers for the best application and it's been working great for me. The coverage is reasonable and this lasts forever. The tube never ends!




Eyes
LashBlast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara
Mascara: Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara (Sorry guys but I have no idea where you can get covergirl stuff in Singapore other than overseas. My friend brought this back for me from NY)
I really don't understand why they don't bring Covergirl into Singapore. I think it'd be a hit! Anyway, I was using their LashBlast Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara (it's a mouthful to say dude). But after I tried this one, I am a convert. Its both volumizing and lengthening and it's waterproof so it's pretty long lasting in our humid climate. I've tried expensive mascaras from Chanel and MAC and so on, but I always go back to the Covergirl ones cause they're cheap and good. 







Eyeshadow: MAC Pigment in Naked (about S$30+, all MAC stores)
I got this with the set of 5 mini pigments. I love ALL of them but I think this is my favorite of the lot. It's a nude, shimmery pigment that provides a very nice wash of all over color on your lid. You can use it to blend with a black to soften the black or use it on it's own. I love it cause I find myself using it both in the day and at night and it goes with everything I wear. I think this was my favorite and most used eye color of 2010. Works best with a MAC 252 or MAC 239 brush.   





Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink (about S$30+, all Bobbi Brown stores)
I bought this on my flight back from Israel in a set that had the Black Ink and Black Mauve Shimmer Ink eyeliners. After I bought this, I never touched my MAC Fluidline ever again. This is so much easier to work with, doesn't dry out, and is so much more black than the Blacktrack fluidline. My MAC fluidline dried up and became clumpy really fast but the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner is wonderful to work with. And it lasts forever. I use it on my waterline over a pencil and it lasts really long. I only need to touch it up maybe once when i'm out on a night out. I use it with either a MAC 266 or MAC 209. Best gel eyeliner in the world.





Eyeliner: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Onyx (about S$30+, all Estee Lauder stores)
So i don't mean to be all, look at me, but a lot of people asked me what eyeliner I used once I started using this in about May 2010. I love my black eyeliner and I had yet to find a good one that actually did last more than 5 minutes on my waterline. This is wonderful because it stays in place on your waterline, but you can also smudge it out if you want. I use it on both my upper and lower waterlines, especially when I'm using a gel eyeliner for extra staying power. Love this stuff. Don't think i'm ever gonna stop using it. 




Face

Powder: MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (about S$40+, all MAC stores)
This is a really good alternative to using a normal powder. Sometimes, if your foundation is heavy and full coverage, you don't want to be packing more of a pigmented powder over it because it's gonna make it look thick and cakey. This powder sets your foundation and gives it a nice, matte, powdered finish. I think it's a much better alternative than going with another heavy powder which is going to make your make up look like it's too much. I use this with either a MAC 209 just any kabuki brush. Works wonders.





Blush: NARS Orgasm Blush (I'm sure you can get this online but i'm not too sure how much it'll be)
Orgasm is a peachy-pink blush with a gold sheen to it. It's great for a night out or just to brighten your complexion up in the day. I find this to be my go to blush for all occasions because it's versatile and goes with any make up you do on your eyes. I like to pair it with a nude gloss. I find it works best with a MAC 168 or MAC 129.







Contour Powder: MAC Harmony (about S$30+, all MAC stores)
I never used contour powder till I bought this and then I realised how much of a difference it made. This colour is good for a wide range of people though if you're a darker than a NC35 this might not show up so well. If you're really fair, this might actually be too dark. I apply it with a MAC 109 to contour below my cheekbones and a little near my temples. It kind of makes your blush and highlight blend it together.






Lips





Lipstick: NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick (S$33, StrawberryNET)
I love this stuff. It's a sheer lipstick in a rusty brown colour and it looks great both on it's own or with a gloss on the top. It's one of NARS's cult favourite products and I have to concur. It'll go great with any skin tone. So if you're looking for a nice lip colour that goes with everything and isn't too overpowering, Dolce Vita is the way to go. And I never bother with a lip brush or a lip liner.






Vitamin E Lip Care Stick SPF 15


Lip Balm: The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care spf 15 (about S$10, all The Body Shop stores)
Vitamin is known to be good for your skins and I think it's important to have a lip care that has spf in it cause your lips can get burnt too. I found this in the beginning of the year and haven't stopped using it since. It doesn't have much of a sheen to it so it's really just purely for lip care purposes. But since i've used it, I find my lipsticks going on smoother and my lips don't crack as much as they used to. It's very important to use lip balm under your lipstick/lipgloss or it's not going to look very flattering.




K so that's all I have for now! Till the next post :)


Love, Tasha



No comments:

Post a Comment