Thursday, January 24, 2013

Awesome foundation brushes!

Hey guys

SOOooo

I have a thing with foundation brushes. I know some people have more eye shadow brushes than anything, but I actually have tons of foundation brushes and I thought I'd share my takes on the best ones. 

NUMBER 1

Real Techniques - Buffing Brush
This came as part of the Core Collection and it is the best brush I've used for foundation, ever. And it's 5 times cheaper than a MAC 109. The bristles are pretty stiff so it's a sturdy brush for application and buffing. It's best for liquid and mineral foundation but probably won't work well for a powder foundation. 

The bristles are dense, so I would recommend washing this often if you're using it for liquid foundation because the product could really get wedged into the brush. 

Rinse with warm tap water and swirl the brush into some baby shampoo.  

THE RUNNER UP

Louise Young LY34 Foundation Brush
Sadly, I don't own this but I've tried it and read about it and I'm really impressed. 

It is quite expensive but I haven't come across any brush that is similar. The brush is quite big but the bristles are sturdy (but soft) and it's great for really getting an even, not thick coat of foundation on. Tanya Burr uses it tons in her tutorials so you can see how it works there.

IN 3rd POSITION

MAC 109
I have to go with this as a 3rd. I'd say it's probably more useful for mineral foundation than liquid, only because the bristles do come out.
BUT, it's a great multi purpose brush that can be used for highlighting or blush as well. It's dense and the bristles and not very long so it's great for mineral foundation because you can really buff the foundation into your skin and get a flawless finish. 

I use the Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation with this the most and the coverage is great. 

Till the next post. 

Ta!


No comments:

Post a Comment