Monday, April 4, 2011

Against Animal Testing Cosmetics

Hey guys

Sorry posts have been less. I'm studying for my finals in mid April, but I promise that once they are over, the blog will be up in full swing again.

Today I just wanted to talk about animal testing. I was watching Tanya Burr's video on YouTube yesterday, and she said something about not using Max Factor because they test on animals. I did a bit of research and it turns out, that's pretty true. Revlon has claimed to not test on animals anymore, but it's unclear how much truth there is in that. There is still a lot of debate around Revlon and Estee Lauder. The Body Shop does not test on animals but it's said that L'Oreal (the brand that owns TBS) does. Big brands like Chanel, Christian Dior and Clinique are unclear about their animal testing practices.

My family and I are animal lovers. I have two dogs at home and I don't even want to begin imagining what it would be like if someone was testing drugs on them, for my lipstick and eyeshadow sake.

I know it's hard sometimes, especially because not all the brands are clear on whether they do or do not test on animals. Maybe companies should start thinking about displaying this information on their products. If they do not test on animals, they should be proud of that. I'll be sure to read the labels more carefully before I buy something and I encourage you guys to do the same. Some brands you can look at that are against animal testing are brands like Urban Decay, Avon, Lush and Tarte Cosmetics. 

Love & World Peace, Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment